Mission: We exist to love God and love others through a ministry of competent and compassionate healthcare using a whole-person, patient-centered, shared-decision making approach that matches the unique needs of people with evidence-based solutions.
Obesity: A chronic, relapsing, multi-factorial, neurobehavioral disease, wherein an increase in body fat promotes adipose tissue dysfunction and abnormal fat mass physical forces, resulting in adverse metabolic, biomechanical, and psychosocial health consequences.
Treat Obesity First: By treating obesity first as a primary condition, we can stop and even reverse the progress of over 230 related conditions including diabetes, heart disease, certain cancers, hypertension, and more. Obesity is a real condition affecting millions of real people and we offer real solutions!
- Pillars of Weight and Wellness:
- Whole-person, integrative approach: We treat whole people…mind, body, and soul!
- Metabolism, medical history, and molecules: Customized care addressing your unique background, history, and genetics including anti-obesity medications when appropriate.
- Nutrition: Develop enjoyable, healthy, and sustainable whole-food based eating plans based on patient preferences and needs
- Fitness: Individualized, fun, physical activity plans for life long cardiorespiratory fitness, strength, and flexibility.
- The “Brain Game:” Mental health and wellness strategies to overcome obstacles, sustain success, and maximize well being including motivational interviewing, obesity-specific cognitive behavioral techniques, and spiritual development
- Community: Building and fostering groups of like-minded people who overcome obstacles and succeed forward TOGETHER! Together we can do this!