Mission: We exist to love God and love others through a ministry of competent and compassionate healthcare using a whole-person, patient-centered, shared-decision making approach that matches the unique needs of people with evidence-based solutions.
Obesity: A chronic, relapsing, multi-factorial, neurobehavioral disease, wherein an increase in body fat promotes adipose tissue dysfunction and abnormal fat mass physical forces, resulting in adverse metabolic, biomechanical, and psychosocial health consequences.
Treat Obesity First: By treating obesity first as a primary condition, we can stop and even reverse the progress of over 230 related conditions including diabetes, heart disease, certain cancers, hypertension, and more. Obesity is a real condition affecting millions of real people and we offer real solutions!
- Pillars of Weight and Wellness:
- Whole-person, integrative approach: We treat whole people…mind, body, and soul!
- Metabolism, medical history, and molecules: Customized care addressing your unique background, history, and genetics including anti-obesity medications when appropriate.
- Nutrition: Develop enjoyable, healthy, and sustainable whole-food based eating plans based on patient preferences and needs
- Fitness: Individualized, fun, physical activity plans for life long cardiorespiratory fitness, strength, and flexibility.
- The “Brain Game:” Mental health and wellness strategies to overcome obstacles, sustain success, and maximize well being including motivational interviewing, obesity-specific cognitive behavioral techniques, and spiritual development
- Community: Building and fostering groups of like-minded people who overcome obstacles and succeed forward TOGETHER! Together we can do this!
Dr. George is a family nurse practitioner and doctor of nursing practice who focused all of his doctoral work on improving patient-centered, evidence-based care for people with obesity. He received advanced training in Obesity Medicine with the Obesity Medicine Association and the World Obesity Federation and is a certified personal trainer and weight loss specialist with the National Academy of Sports Medicine. He is a member of the Obesity Medicine Association, Endocrine Society, American Diabetes Association, and The Obesity Society. Most importantly, Thomas is passionate about helping people overcome obesity because he is a patient and provider with obesity that has been successfully treated. For more information, please call or email our clinic! We are here to help you succeed!
Additional Services Offered
Advanced Body Composition Analysis: InBody 570
Metabolic Testing: Accurately Measure Your Resting Metabolic Rate: Korr ReeVue Indirect Calorimeter
Metabolic rate is a measure of how much food, or fat, is converted to energy in a day. Resting metabolic rate (RMR) is the measurement of how much food, or energy, is required to maintain basic body functions such as heartbeat, breathing, and maintenance of body heat while you are in a state of rest. That energy is expressed in calories per day. So an RMR test shows how many calories you burn at rest, doing nothing more than sitting in a chair.
Obesity Medicine Association – Proud Member – Clinical Leaders in Obesity Medicine
External Content Disclaimer